Friday, August 14, 2009

What Happen To My First Love? Part 4

It was the spring semester of 1989. I still had a few classes left to take before I could graduate the coming spring (1990) from college. I had put off taking the only required Math class I needed to graduate several times. Everytime I signed up for the class I would end up dropping it because I couldn't pass the first test. Now I had to pass it if I wanted to graduate in the spring and I wasn't ready to give up this time because I needed to move on with my life and take responsibility.

During this time my relationship with Jesus was strong. He walked with me. I spoke to him as if he were right beside me no matter where I went he was there. I told Jesus that I was not going to pass my math class without his help and that I needed him to take over for me because I just couldn't understand half of what I was learning. Jesus responded with mighty help. I passed every test I took and passed the class with a C. When I got my results from my final examine I wept all the way back to my apartment and lay on the floor prostrate praising and giving thanks to God for doing it for me. You see I understood NOTHING! NOTHING! I had NO idea what I was doing on all my math examines, yet my lowest score was an 80. Do you get it? I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING! So the only POSSIBLE way I could pass the class was if Jesus would do it for me. I believe He did! There is no other way to explain it.

My walk with Jesus was incredible. I began seeing things in my life work out for the better each day. Jesus was my best friend. I couldn't stop talking about what He had done for me to anyone who would listen. This was how things were between us. Then I met with the Worldwide Church of God minister to discuss baptism. Once he was sure I understood what the WCG taught and I understood what baptism would do he invited me to church and would baptize me after the service. It was August 12, 1989. It was the greatest day of my life. My first love, Jesus was at it's high point. Now as a member of the Worldwide Church of God I thought I had come home. Little did I know that being a member of the WCG would cause me to forget Jesus and begin to live like an old covenant Pharisee, the very people Jesus denounced.

I began alienating my friends and family. If they weren't a member of the WCG they were going to hell. If they kept Christmas or didn't rest on the TRUE sabbath (Friday evening to Saturday evening) or didn't keep the Jewish Holy days such as Tabernacles, Trumpets and the rest were going to hell as well. Jesus went to a corner somewhere waiting for me to come back to him. This blog is my journey on how I found Jesus in the corner waiting for me.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment