Thursday, August 27, 2009

Patience Is A Virtue

The body and blood of Christ is the most sacred part of the Mass. The Eucharist is the reason I want to go to Mass, even though I have yet to become confirmed. Each Sunday my yearning for Christ in the Eucharist becomes more and more unbearable. I know what it means to consume the actual body and blood of Christ and the graces involved, but alas I must wait before I can partake of His table.

Now my patience is assaulted as I move through the RCIA process. I have studied Catholicism for two years prior to attending my first Mass as well as beginning the RCIA process. The questions I had about Catholicism as a former Protestant have been answered to my satisfaction. Areas where I am not sure about I'm perfectly comfortable to accept the Catholic Church's teaching. So I'm ready, but alas I must wait.

When the time comes for me to take my first communion I am sure I'm going to "loose it." Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I almost think the RCIA process is suppose to be a long process on purpose to create the yearning of the heart for the table of the Lord. Patience is a virtue. Mine as a school teacher is tried every day so I'm used to waiting for things to happen or progress to be made from my students, but waiting to partake the Lord is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. It hurts. Lord forgive me for my impatience and strengthen my resolve to wait on your schedule and remove any bitterness that may rear it's ugly head.

2 comments:

  1. Steven, that is so beautiful! I think I'm meant to learn alot of lessons before I partake of Our Lord - patience, quietness, gentleness, more kindness....the list goes on.

    I talked too much again last night! I hope I didn't bother you too much. I'm going to do better after the Parish Family night.

    Two things...well three but I'll e-mail you later. One I can tell you now.
    Steve Ray who is a Catholic Convert and apologist and author had something on his blog today that is funny in a really sad way about the Protestant "communion".

    I think I was too smart alek about it when I left a comment. I think I act more like Joan of Arc than the nice quiet saintly women :-( Look what it got her? They burned her at 19! Of course they did come back and make her a saint but that's beside the point :-)

    Anyway, here is the website to the article
    http://blog.catholic-convert.com/

    If I get slammed by the anti-Catholics I'll keep my mouth shut because the comment I left probably deserves it.

    Blessing from YSIC,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words. I didn't believe you spoke too much at RCIA. I thought it was all okay. I hope this process does not end with serveral years before being allowed to take the Eucharist. Some, not all, but some of the comments about "when" were not to encouraging to me. But I know I must be patient...even if it kills me, LOL.

    ReplyDelete