Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Next Step

This Sunday, October 25th will mark the next step in my journey toward full communion in the Catholic Church. Several of us will be going through the Rite of Welcoming ceremony during Mass as candidates for full communion. I am very excited and a little nervous about making sure I say and do the right thing. It is not that I'm afraid God will be mad if I mess up (because He wouldn't, by the way), but I don't want to embarrass myself.

What I did not know was from now until Easter (when full communion will bestowed), we will no longer be in Mass after the Liturgy of the Word. Candidates are allowed to stay, but it is more beneficial to leave because a more in depth study with the RCIA team will continue in another room. I'm sort of torn between staying in the service or leaving for further instruction. For now I plan on leaving and getting further instruction.

My journey moves one more step toward full communion, but it is just a step. My Catholic life will be a never ending quest to learn more about the God of the universe. I am just proud to be a part of the true Church of Jesus Christ which he established through His apostles.

No comments:

Post a Comment