Saturday, December 19, 2009

Confession

As I move one step closer to full communion I made my first confession at the Advent Penance Service. It was like a second baptism, a fresh start preparing to accept my Lord in the fullness of His table. Peace has been restored. Christ has forgiven us our sins. Confession is a way we may release to guilt of our sin to a visible representation of Christ on earth, His priesthood. As I reflect on such a glorious time I realize how tied all the Sacraments are tied to one another drawing us ever closer to that perfection Jesus called us to as He said: "Be ye perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."

As I praised and thanked God for forgiving me of my many sins it hit me just how attached we/I am to those saints who went before us. The unity of the Catholic faith is amazing. For the first time I realized that only here am I truly related to the human side of the Incarnate Christ through the succession of saints ever tied to the only family God can recognize. I pray for the return of our separated brethern and those who have wandered from the true faith that they may partake of the true bread of life. Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen and Alleluia.

No comments:

Post a Comment