Thursday, September 10, 2009

RCIA Starts A New Phase

My journey has now taken a new step. My RCIA standing has moved from the Inquiry stage to formal "classroom" stage. Soon I will participate in the Rite of Welcome and receive my sponsor. This new phase is exciting in that I feel more and more Catholic, even though I have been living as one. I am now closer to partaking from the Lord's table in the Eucharist. Step by step I am moving toward the greatest day of my life when I can truly receive the REAL body and blood of Christ, which is the life giving nourishment I have starved for, going on now for 36 years.

Another happy phase for me is I will have the albatross of a failed marriage to a godless (who really needs Christ) woman. I made a terrible mistake, only to be told by those close to the both of us that I should have never married her (I admit there were signs before we married, but I was blind to the truth). Because this was my only marriage and this was her second an annulment will be granted since she, in the eyes of the Catholic Church is still married to her first husband. I don't ever plan on getting married again so the annulment is not really necessary. But I want to someday enter the priesthood, therefore it is necessary. God is good. I finally feel my bad mistakes and choices are behind me. I look forward to the Sacrament of Penance so I can be rid of the pain once and for all! Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment